Monday, December 17, 2012

Dellacqua withdraws from Hopman Cup

Updated December 17, 2012 21:56:23

WA tennis player Casey Dellacqua has been forced to withdraw from the Hopman Cup because of a foot injury.

Dellacqua was due to represent Australia along with Bernard Tomic at the Perth team mixed doubles event, which starts on December 29.

Dellacqua posted a series of messages on Twitter on Monday announcing her withdrawal from the Australian team:

?@caseydellacqua I'm so sad to have to withdraw from @hopmancup due to a foot injury. Hope 2 try and play @hobarttennis if I can get a WC...

I love playing @hopmancup, my Perth peeps always get behind me & its a great feeling to have so much support.

Would've loved to have played at new @pertharena also. Hopefully I have the chance next year!!!

A replacement for the former world number 39 is due to be announced shortly.

Tags: event, sport, tennis, perth-6000

First posted December 17, 2012 18:36:53


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment